Monday, May 2, 2011

A Whole Different William


This guy is the 'Wooly' variety...

Like the newly-wedded dapper young Prince William, this 'Willy' also has a bit of a bald spot. However, unlike the dear prince I speak of, with a flick of a magnet, you can cover this guy's bald spot up. :) Of course I speak of Wooly Willy, the simple children's 'toy' that consisted of a cardboard printed with the face of a bald man with a very red nose, a raised plastic window, a magnet, and some iron filings which you repositioned to create hair, mustaches, eyebrows, etc.! Really high-tech toys that we grew up with that will always hold a place in our hearts. Today's nail design is inspired by all the days I spent in my childhood drawing mohawks, fu manchus, beards, and unibrows on that flat bald man.


I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with CND Bicycle Yellowto create stripes on the ring finger. For the faces, I used Urban Outfitters Nude 3, China Glaze Hey Sailor! for the nose, and American Apparel Hassid to outline and for the hair. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Do you think Wooly Willy was a Wooly Bully?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com