Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gild the Lily


Last week, I showed a photo of the lovely flowers I received from my boyfriend. In the arrangement, there were several of a flower called Alstroemeria, which are commonly known as the Peruvian Lily, or Lily of the Incas. Since those flowers are still alive and going strong (all but the roses and one of the tiger lilies), I decided to use the Peruvian Lilies as inspiration for a nail art design. I love the way the color gradates from fuchsia to white with just a touch of yellow, then is punctuated with dashes of dark brown! I tried to represent it the best I could on my nail, using a drier brush than normal, and sort of 'flicking' from the cuticle toward the nail tip.

One of the Alstroemeria from my flowers- the inspiration!


and the nails:


I used MAC Vestral White as a base, with Finger Paints Heavenly Hydrangeas and Essence Surferama 'flicked' from the cuticle edge up, a mixture of American Apparel Trenchcoat and BB Couture Kokomo for the dash of yellow, then a mixture of American Apparel Hassid and Barielle Coco Bar for the dark brown dots/dashes. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat

WOOT! That's 3 posts in 2 days, trying to get back on track now that my hours are slightly reduced!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com