Monday, October 11, 2010

Where the Sidewalk Ends...


Shel Silverstein was the master of awesome. I've LOVED his books ever since I was a kid, both the drawings AND the poems. They're silly and funny, and absolutely wonderful, and I knew I had to incorporate the art into my 365 day project! My favorite Shel Silverstein poem of ALL TIME is 'Sick'. on page 58 and 59 of 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'. I seriously knew it word for word until I was about 20, and I still can recite bits and pieces! I cannot go to school today, said little Peggy Ann McKay, I have the measles and the mumps, a gash, a rash, and purple bumps! Ok, enough of that, on to the nails... I did 'Sick' on the thumb, 'Warning' on the index finger, 'Hug o' War' on the middle finger, 'Hat' on my ring finger, and 'My Beard' on my pinky. :)







I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the drawings. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

What's that? What's that you say? You say to day is Saturday? G'Bye, I'm going out to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com