Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just Keep Swimming!


I have wanted to do this manicure for nearly the entire time I've been doing this blog, and since tomorrow is the last day of the 365-day project, I did it for TODAY's manicure! Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies. It's hilarious, the art is incredible, and um, hellooooo, it has Ellen Degeneres, who is one of the funniest people alive! (She totally made the movie as 'Dory') I also LOVE the seagulls...MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! :-D Anyway, included in today's manicure, on the left hand, the 'Finding Nemo' logo on my thumb, Squirt on my index finger, Dory on my middle finger, Nemo on my ring finger, and one of the seagulls on my pinky. On the right hand there is Deb/Flo on my thumb, Pearl on my index finger, Bubbles (BUBBBBBLLLLLEEESS!!) on my middle finger, Gill on my ring finger, and a few of the 'jellies' on my pinky. :) I won't lie, this mani took forever, and I will not want to take it off tomorrow, but I will. :-D




I used:

Left:

Thumb: Finding Nemo logo

Zoya Robyn as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base for the orange, with CND Electric Orange over it.

Index: Squirt, sea turtle

ALDO Sea You in Ibiza as a base, with ULTA Moody Blue sponged on the tip end. For his body, I used Sally Hansen Trendy Creme, then mixed that with a little American Apparel Hassid to shade. For his spots, I used American Apparel Pinto, which I also used for part of his shell, along with Barielle Unravelled Rust, butter LONDON Minger and American Apparel Manila. For his eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, OPI Ginger Bells and American Apparel Hassid.

Middle: Dory, regal tang

Zoya Yummy as a base, with ULTA Moody Blue for the dark blue of the body, shaded with American Apparel Hassid, which I also used in the background and pupils. For the tail fin, I used American Apparel Manila.

Ring: Nemo, clownfish

Zoya Robyn as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base for Nemo's body, topped with CND Electric Orange, then shaded with American Apparel Pinto, then outlined the stripe with American Apparel Hassid.

Pinky: seagull

Zoya Yummy as a base, with Orly Mirror, Mirror for the head, shaded with Orly Mirror, Mirror mixed with American Apparel Hassid, which I also used for the eyes, then highlighted with Essie Bone Chilling White. For the beak, I used butter LONDON Minger, shaded with OPI Ginger Bells.


Right hand:

Thumb: Deb/Flo, 4 striped damselfish

Orly Gumdrop as a base, with ULTA Moody Blue for the main blue, mixed with Zoya Yummy to highlight, and American Apparel Hassid to shade. For the white, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud.

Index: Pearl, Flapjack octopus

ULTA Moody Blue as a base, with Orly Lollipop for the body, with Barielle Grape Escape to shade, Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud and Zoya Yummy for the eyes.

Middle: Bubbles, yellow tang

Zoya Yummy as a base, with American Apparel Manila for his body, butter LONDON Minger to shade, Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes, and American Apparel Butter to highlight. There is a few lines of Barielle Unravelled Rust in there too to define the fin and belly.

Ring: Gill, moorish idol

Zoya Robyn as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for his face, shaded with Orly Mirror, Mirror, American Apparel Hassid for the black, and American Apparel Manila for the yellow on the white stripe, and on his 'nose'.

Pinky: jellies

ULTA Moody Blue as a base, with Orly Lollipop for the jellies. :-D

Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

PHEW!

Don't forget... P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com