Monday, October 4, 2010

I Rose to the Occasion


I rarely do 'girly' designs, but every time I watch episodes of 'The New Adventures of Old Christine', I always see one of the pillows on her couch and think to myself that it'd make a great nail design. It is an oversized graphic rose print in turquoise, with brown vines and leaves on a cream background. I adore the color combination, and I totally dig graphic prints, and I really want that pillow. :-P Today's nail art is my interpretation of the fabric print of the pillow, I even DVRed the show so I could pause it when the pillow came on screen so I could use it as reference. Yes, I'm a huge nerd, this I know. Anyway, to the nails!


I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with China Glaze Flyin' High for the roses, and MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious for the vines and leaves. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Another new TV obsession? How I Met Your Mother. (Can you tell I've been watching Lifetime lately?) Neil Patrick Harris is a comedic genius, and I swear I laugh out loud more at that show than probably any other sitcom I've seen. It's so stupid, but ridiculously funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com