Sunday, September 5, 2010

Under Construction


With it being Labor Day weekend here in the States, lots of people are on vacation, and vacation means road trips!! A familiar sight to most travelers this weekend will be those ubiquitous orange signs. 'Left Lane Closed Ahead', 'Workers Present', 'Prepare to Stop', 'Detour'. These signs mean waiting is ahead! :-D In Michigan, the old joke was that the orange traffic cones were the state tree. :-P As an homage to all the travelers out there this weekend, I decided to do a construction sign manicure!


I used OPI Alpine Snow Matte as a base with Color Club Wham! Pow! over it for all nails but the ring finger, where I used OPI Ginger Bells as a base, with CND Electric Orange over it. For the black, I used American Apparel Hassid, and for the stripes on the traffic barrel, I used OPI Alpine Snow Matte with Sinful Colors Smokin' Hot over the white stripes to give them the 'reflective' shimmer, and Color Club Wham! Pow! for the orange stripes, with Sinful Colors Smokin' Hot over it for the reflective shimmer. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Gotta love construction, and it's seemingly EVERYWHERE in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com