Saturday, August 7, 2010

Think Happy Thoughts


So today's nail art was inspired by my friend Faye and her daughter Riley's love of Tinkerbell (and all other things Disney). The other day I was trying to figure out how to use the awesome combination of two glitter polishes (Amour Rain and Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday), and I thought this would be the perfect application- FAIRY DUST!! :) So Faye and Riley- I hope you approve!! :)


I used Amour Rain Glitter polish as a base (it's a dupe for OPI Mad as a Hatter but MUCH cheaper), topped with two coats of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday over it. For Tinkerbell on the ring finger, I used American Apparel Summer Peach for her skin, American Apparel Manila for her hair, which I also mixed with A Beautiful Life Poison to shade her hair. For her lips, I used A Beautiful Life Poison, for her eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, then Orly Cosmic FX Lunar Eclipse for the iris, with American Apparel Hassid for the eyelashes and brow. For the green of her dress, I used CND Green Scene , and for her wings, I used OPI What's With the Cattitude?. For the shading on her face, ears, etc, I used a mixture of American Apparel Summer Peach and American Apparel Rose Bowl. For the thumb version of Tink, I used American Apparel Summer Peach for the skin, American Apparel Manila for the hair, OPI What's With the Cattitude? for the wings, and a combination of Sally Hansen InstaDry Spring Green and CND Green Scene for the dress and shoes. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Don't forget to think happy thoughts! :)

Also- got some polishes from Eyeko today and one of the sets of 4 arrived like this:


*cry* but don't worry, I cleaned them all off, and the polish that leaked is still half full. :)I totally can't wait to check these out!!! I'll let you know when I get them posted on the Review site! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com