Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lady Liberty


So the day celebrating our freedom is upon us, July 4, the 4th of July, Independence Day. I hope that today while you were having your hot dogs, drinking your beers, and spending time with family and friends, that you thought of those fighting and risking their lives to afford us the freedoms that we so often take for granted. For today's nails, I did good ole' Lady Liberty herself, otherwise known as The Statue of Liberty. Now, I have to say that I'm not very happy with how these turned out, because I was rushing, and I really didn't have time to redo them, so I hope that they're alright!


I used Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud as a base, with China Glaze Salsa for the red stripes of the flag, Pure Ice French Kiss for the blue of the flag, American Apparel Hassid for the flag outline, Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud as a base for the statue, topped with OPI Damone Roberts 1968, and shaded with a mixture of OPI Damone Roberts 1968 and Nubar Forest. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

And, since it's the 4th of July, the neighbors were shooting off mortars, sooooo you get firework pictures!! :)


BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com