Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May the 4th Be With You


So apparently there is this saga which involves 6 movies, a guy in a black cloak and helmet, some white armor clad things, some teddy bear looking things, a little green guy, and the force...but here's the thing... I've never seen them...ever. I know that I'm one of the few, and possibly the proud, but yeah, nope, not likely to happen. However, I recognize that 90% of the world (probably more) have seen these movies and love them, worship them, and some actually LIVE them I think, so in honor of today (and a suggestion from reader Rebecca, who brought the holiday to my attention), which is Star Wars Day, I decided that I would suck it up and do Star Wars nails. I understand that by having never seen any of the Star Wars movies, that I am sure to lose my nerd cred, but I feel like I have to be honest. :-D



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base for the Stormtrooper helmets, and American Apparel Hassid for the black, as well as for Darth Vader's helmet. I also mixed a little of the American Apparel Cotton to make a dark grey to paint the features of Vader's helmet, which, unfortunately, are hard to see. I topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

...I AM your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com