Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Retro-Active


Not going to lie, today's nails are easy and simple, and pink... definitely not my usual. lol After my root canal yesterday (which completely sucked, btw, see below for details), I decided that I deserved a present. Well, I was in CVS, and had a coupon for $4 off of $20. I also had $7.50 in CVS Extra Bucks. The ORLY Sweet collection was on sale for $6.99 each, so I got Cotton Candy, Pixy Stick, and Gumdrop....for a total of $11. :) I thought that they were fitting of a post-dentist reward for the sheer fact that their inspiration was what sends people to the dentist in the first place! :-D Even though I'm not a pink person usually, I really really liked the pink I used in today's design...who knows. I wasn't feeling that great last night after the dentist, so I was after a simple design, so I busted out some fauxnad plates from a NailArt Diva kit that I got at ROSS, of all places. I loved the retro look of the sparkles on one of the plates, so I HAD to use 'em!



I used Orly Cotton Candy as a base, with Essie Foot Loose applied with the un-numbered fauxnad plate. Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat for that candy-coated shine!

Root canal details:

Got one round of 'Novocain' , or whatever they use these days for numbing, still felt stuff, so he administered another round of it. Felt ok, then he started working...about 5 seconds in, I felt EVERYTHING, so he mentioned something about 'crossover' since everything he was doing on the right, I felt on the left, so I got ANOTHER round of shots in the FRONT of my mouth, and he got back to work. the drilling was fine, but once he started the actual root canal part, I felt EVERYTHING, and no anesthetic was helping (he tried flushing the canal with anesthetic, etc) so I had to suffer through the rest. Once he got to the bottom of the tooth, he discovered that it was infected, so they couldn't finish it, and I'm on antibiotics for the next week until I get it finished. He prescribed pain killers for me (Lortab/Hydrocodone), but they have no effect on me, which I discovered was probably because they are a composite of codeine and thebaine, and I've noticed that codeine-basesd painkillers don't have an effect on me (surgery, codeine cough meds, etc), they never take away pain, knock me out (as every doc says they will), or anything else. Oh well, I'll live, it just sucks because it feels like I was punched in the teeth (the root canal was on a lower incisor). :-P Enough bitchin' and moanin'. I'll live. ;)

Thank you again everyone for the well-wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com