Friday, March 5, 2010

A in W


Hey all, I've saved up some Alice manis for the next few days in honor of the movie, which I am SOOOOOO beyond excited for. (I've had a countdown on my dashboard of my computer for I'd say about a year now?) Today's Alice nails are the backgrounds for the promotional character posters.



I used:



Thumb: Queen of Hearts/Red Queen/Helena Bonham Carter

China Glaze Salsa as a base, with a mixture of China Glaze Salsa and Nubar Milk Chocolate Creme sponged over it, then that same combo used to paint the hearts. On top of that I lightly sponged more China Glaze Salsa to get the grungy effect of the poster.



Index: Alice/Mia Wasikowska

Barielle Sweet Addiction as a base, with Zoya Envy lightly sponged, as well as used for the keyholes. Barielle Sweet Addiction was then again used to sponge on top.



Middle: Mad Hatter/Johnny Depp

Pure Ice Wild Thing as a base, with a mixture of Pure Ice Wild Thing and Nubar Forest sponged on top, Nubar Forest for the hats, and then Pure Ice Wild Thing sponged on top.



Ring: White Queen/Anne Hathaway

American Apparel Cotton, with Urban Outfitters Matte Nude 1 sponged on top, as well as for the hearts. American Apparel Cotton was then sponged again on top.



Pinky: Cheshire Cat/Stephen Fry

Eclectic Purple as a base, with Zoya Pinta sponged on top, as well as for the stars. Eclectic Purple was also used to sponge on top.

Everything got 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.


Lastly, a pic of two onesies that I screenprinted for a co-worker who is having a baby (I thought that since she is our trademark researcher/facilitator/whathaveyou, that it'd be funny to take the last name and add a ™ for the onesies, since a ™ is a source identifier, and, well it would be funny in my mind.) Luckily, she thought it was hilarious. :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com