Friday, February 12, 2010

For Your Thoughts.

Hey everyone! Guess whose birthday it is today? I'll give a hint... he'd be 201 years old today. He sported a lovely beard. He was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. ;) Ok, if you haven't figured it out yet, its Abe Lincoln!! :-P In honor of our 16th President's birthday, I decided to do penny nails, since he's on both sides!! :-P It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, because I quickly discovered it is very hard to paint the detail of a penny on a fingernail with a nail art brush. :-P it'd have to be like a single bristled art brush! lol



I used Milani Sassy Brassy, which to me looks more like copper, as a base, with a mixture of Zoya Raven, Zoya Angelina and Nubar Milk Chocolate Creme for the linework, and Zoya Raven for the black background, topped with Essie Matte About You. Penny art was topped off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat to really make 'em shine. ;)

Now, how about your 2¢?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com