Wednesday, January 13, 2010

5-Star Nails


Day 92

Get it? One star on each nail = 5 stars (per hand, of course ;)) I'm such a dork.

I just got AMOUR Rain Glitter in the mail yesterday, and it's so pretty and sparkly, I HAD to use it!! :)



blurred so you can get an idea of the sparkle-factor, which doesn't even come close to actual bling....



To achieve the look of the stars, I used AMOUR Rain Glitter Polish as a base, ONLY 2 COATS was this sparkly!! I topped the glitter with one coat of Seche Vite top coat to make the glitter less bumpy. Next, I used star stickers- like the gold stars that teachers use, which I bought at the dollar store, I stuck them in whatever direction I felt like on the nail after the glitter was dry, and then painted over them with two coats of OPI for Sephora What's a Tire Jack? Matte, making sure in between coats that the stars stickers were staying stuck to the nail. While the matte was still a little wet, I pulled off the stickers, and c'est voila! sparkly party 5-star nails! :-D

I'm pretty much diggin' the texture that the glitter underneath the matte gives...almost like an eggshell finish!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com